|Hugo welcomes bluegrass festival visitors and bands|
|Friday, 26 March 2010 16:33|
HUGO — The Early Bird Bluegrass Festival kicks off today beginning at noon at the Agriplex, Fifth and Rena Street in Hugo.
The annual festival hosts eight bands this year and is emceed by Bill Grant, who brought the original bluegrass festival to this area in the late 1960s.
Stacie Pace, with the backing of the Hugo Chamber of Commerce, Little Dixie Community Action Agency and local donations, now organizes the event each year. This year, she has brought talent from Oklahoma and nearby Texas and all across the United States.
The lineup for Friday includes:
• High Strung Band at noon and 6 p.m.
• The Dixie Bee-Liners at 1 and 7 p.m.
• The Saltgrass Band at 2 and 8 p.m.
• The Louisiana Grass at 3 and 9 p.m.
• The Batten Family at noon and 6 p.m.
• The Welch Mountain Boys / Bill Grant at 1 and 7 p.m.
• Danny Paisley and The Southern Grass at 2 and 8 p.m.
• Gold Wing Express at 3 and 9 p.m.